Thursday, December 8, 2016

Elmore the Cool Blues Cat

Hello All!

     My Digital Media class very recently engaged in creating logos for our college's own Cadillac Daddy Cafe. When one of these designs was picked, we were also told to create a "blues cat" mascot for the cafe. For my own, I looked both to iconic cat character designs such as Felix the Cat, Sylvester from Looney Tunes, and Garfield as well as blues cat designs I saw across the internet.
     For this particular design, I call him Elmore the Cool Blues Cat, I followed Aaron's basic design idea of using a colored outline. For a bluesy feel, I made his outline blue, gave him a cool hat in the same vain as the Blues Brothers, and have him lining up against the car in his design. Due to a strange issue with his image, I was unable to add my own design to his. His design shows up splotchy on my computer and in the downloaded image file. My main goal with Elmore was to create a design that both followed Aaron's original vision as well as to create a character that looks timeless.

I hope you like him!
Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment